Thursday, October 20, 2011

The forces


Had a bit of an interesting encounter with someone yesterday and figured I’d share it.

I was out for a walk when a woman stopped me to ask for directions. She looked very tired and the area that she was trying to reach was in the opposite direction to the way she had been heading. I explained quite honestly that the easiest way to get where she was going would be to catch the bus a few streets over. I explained how to get there, then offered to lead her there when she looked confused. She seemed relieved at the offer and accepted.

We made small talk as we walked and she told me that she was new to the island and that she was here with her boyfriend who was at their new home. I noticed that she kept looking around as she spoke. I didn’t have to wonder why. I could feel him. “Are you in the forces?” she suddenly asked. I was caught off guard by the strange question and told her I was not. She explained that she had asked because I moved in a very swift, determined manner. “Don’t want to be a soldier?” she laughed, sounding nervous at the same time. “Well I have thought about it before” I said, which was true. I had thought about it a couple of years ago, but I didn’t think I could actually kill anyone. Heh… oh how things change.

The conversation died off there but a few minutes later she had to run to catch the bus anyway. As the bus pulled away, I saw Ritter watching from across the street. He turned and disappeared.

I wonder if she thought I would protect her. I also wonder if I’ll be seeing her again.            

8 comments:

  1. Just a minute later and you could have posted this tomarrow. He pulls things like this doesn't he, herding people where he wants them, manipulating fate to suit his needs. Oh conincidences happen, but I think she hasn't made her last appeannce in your life. I am intrested, though, how much does she understand her situation, and will you be able to kill a person who you have no ill feelings towards...

    See you around
    -Caged

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh... Yes I noticed. And you're probably right about this being more than mere coincidence.

    As for killing someone I have no ill feelings towards... If I thought I couldn't handle that, then I wouldn't have continued to work with Ritter willingly after getting my revenge

    Besides, in a way, I've done that already by spreading his plague through the dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes perhapes, although giving a doll to a person you've never met before is diffrent from plunging your knife into the chest of a woman you helped find the bus stop. Of course he probably won't make you kill for him in this case, but you will probably have other responsibilities in regareds to this woman, asuming you even see her again. Does she have a blog, watching this unfold from two perspectives would be an absolute joy.

    See you around
    -Caged

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe me, I know the difference. Even in being made witness to the result, it's different than actually stabbing someone. I was just trying to express that harming those I have nothing against is something that I've gotten used to, so for me it's not such a huge leap to... direct action

    Also, (again assuming that I even see her) what makes you think he will have me do something different with her? He might of course, but still...

    If she has a blog, she didn't mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I just assumed that he would kiil her himself, he does do more than watch as you have already witnessed. But if it was more than mere conidence that you two met, than I imagain there was a purpose, and he has many tasks that can be carried out by those who work for him.

    Of course you wouldn't know if she had a blog, in fact it was kind of foolish of me to ask, it's simply that at this point I've grown to expect you to know every blog of note on the internet. That is actually another facet of your name, Storyweaver, you don't just report your explotis poeticly, you also have a way to weave yourself into other people's stories. My, I seem to be influnced by the power of the pun tonight, I belive I will go to sleep before it completly overpowers me and I make a make a fool of myself. Good luck with whatever happens, though.

    See you around
    -Cage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahahaha Oh my, oh that's just wonderful! Thank you I needed that laugh

    I suppose I should be honored to be thought of as a living directory for the blogs hehehe

    Thank you for the wish of good luck

    Have a good night love. Sleep well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coincidences don't really exist with the Fears, love. Sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're probably right about that Brightsky

    ReplyDelete